Is there a way?Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls – Have I got news for you. Geez – I’ve been saying that a lot lately. Oh, heck, but it’s fun because if there’s one thing that brings me joy, it’s sharing tips and tricks for keeping all my readers as healthy as can be. There is the best way to sneak in exercise. It’s called “Stack Conditioning.” Stack Conditioning is The Akira Concept’s @theakiraconcept signature fitness program for everyone. What is Stack Conditioning? It’s a way to exercise that utilizes exercise snacking. As well as the term I invented called exercise snacking 2.0 due to the state of our world right now. It is the act of taking your exercise “snacks” and practicing them, @AkiraConcept way:
Correctly, safely and wellGoing through the motions will get you nowhere. What does correctly, safely, and well mean?
- Proper body alignment
- Each exercise should be a challenge, otherwise where is the growth?
- Being aware of good and bad pain
Stack conditioning requirements
- Comfortable clothes that you can move in.
- Discipline, and the desire to improve your fitness level.
- Your own body weight.
- An area to move around in. It doesn’t have to be huge.
But why?Why should you participate in Stack Conditioning when you already go for your daily run, walk, or attend your online exercise class. You’re doing just fine. True, but… Even if you take that hour to exercise, you are probably going to be sitting for the rest of the day, right? I have learned from @TheAkiraConcept that if you get up every hour, to perform a stack exercise, you will get this very long list of benefits:
- Boost energy & metabolism
- Increase mental energy
- Keep you disciplined to finish the job that you’re working on
- Help manage stress, anxiety, and depression
- Improve the quality of sleep
- Raise self-esteem and confidence
- Boost immune system
- Help burn fat and calories
- Strengthen heart and lungs
- Feel fantastic!
Random Acts of ExerciseHere is The Akira Concept’s trusty, and might I say quite a handsome chart on Random Acts of Exercise that I bet you already do on a daily basis. Bonus points if you do the first one. Here’s a list of a few of my favourites that I aim to do on a daily basis, in between work. Fun fact: I do the strength training ones on the way back from a pee-break! 🙂
- Walking to the corner store to buy a missed ingredient for a dish.
- Laundry – This is what I was talking about! Climbing up and down those stairs after each load.
- Push-ups & planks.
- Stretching and meditating after a workout. (This is a hard one for me, but it’s a work in progress)