Move over Broccoli – check out this cauliflower power recipe!
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable (A name for the cabbage family) that is nothing short of awesome for you and your family.
- – Rich in vitamin A, C, and K.
- – Oozing with fibre.
- – Filled with Phytonutrients, (plant-based compounds that lowers inflamation and fights cancer!)
Roast it with olive oil, salt and pepper. Boil it and add it to mashed potatoes and oh heck – jump on the bandwagon with the rest of the world and turn it into pizza crust!
There are no limits with cauliflower!
Here is a take on Cauliflower “Fried Rice” by @noreen_gilletz
- 1/2 large cauliflower
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (about 1 tablespoon minced)
- 1 slice ginger (about 1 tablespoon minced)
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced on an angle (or 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 red bell peppers, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced celery (thinly sliced on an angle)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken soup mix
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
Wash the cauliflower thoroughly and cut it into large chunks.
Grate the cauliflower in a food processor fitted with a grater. (The grated cauliflower is the “rice.”) You can also buy a pre-made bag of diced cauliflower. I’m on this team. #LazyAndProud.
Grate the carrots, using medium pressure. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick wok or skillet on medium-high. Stir-fry the garlic and ginger for 30 seconds. Add the onions, mushrooms, red peppers, and celery; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the grated cauliflower and carrots. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes longer, until tender-crisp. Do not cook the vegetables too long or they will be mushy.
Add the eggs and push the entire mixture to one side of the wok. On the empty side, add the beaten eggs and scramble for 2 minutes or until they are just set. Mix the eggs into the “rice” and season with salt, pepper, and powdered soup mix.
Remove from heat and transfer to a serving platter. Best served immediately. Sprinkle with parsley (or chopped nuts) at serving time. Check out this cauliflower power!
Note: Keeps up to 2 days in the refrigerator; reheats well in the microwave. Don’t freeze.
I’m so grateful to be able to have the opportunity to write what I’m passionate about and what I think will serve others. If you would like me to write about you and your passions for the Braves The Waves Journal, or for your own company, please be in touch.